Left Seaford for Canadian Forestry Corps @ Sunningdale, Windsor Forest.
*The Canadian Forestry Corps provided lumber for the Allied war effort by cutting and preparing timber in the United Kingdom and on the continent of Europe in both the First World War and the Second World War.
*The Forestry Corps established its English headquarters at Smith’s Lawn, Sunningdale, Berkshire, in the midst of Windsor Great Park. This 20 square kilometre area of forested land was traditionally the private hunting grounds of the Royal Family, whose rural home, Windsor Castle, was located nearby. Amongst the trees the Forestry Corps claims to have felled in the Park was the “William the Conqueror Oak”, 38 feet in circumference and large enough to be 1000 years old. As no saw was capable of cutting it from the outside, Canadian lumbermen dug a hole into the trunk large enough to allow one man to pull the saw from inside the tree! (http://guysboroughgreatwarveterans.blogspot.ca/2012/02/canadian-forestry-corps.html)